The Peaches and Sourcream Children’s Foundation virtual reading goals are to boost reading skills and to build stamina.
The readers are required to read Monday thru Friday for twenty minutes at the same time each day.
Books will no be provided.
Readers will read books in their home libraries, at their local libraries, the “Little Libraries” around town, and or, watch books on online.
Our main focus is to facilitate enjoyable reading experiences.
We suggest supporting adults create comfortable reading spaces or nooks where the reader will not be distracted.
We also recommend filling the spaces with plenty of “picture” books chosen by the reader.
We recommend ending reading sessions before 5pm.
Ending reading by 5pm will allow the reader time to login and post summaries to the Reading Rewards software provided by the Peaches and Sourcream Children’s Foundation.
Each well written summary is worth $1.00.
Participants must be able scribe what happened in the beginning, middle, and
end of every story.
The Peaches and Sourcream Children’s Foundation looks forward to sharing in your child’s summer reading experience.
Please note, supporting adults will be notified via., Zoom one week prior to starting.
For questions and concerns, please contact our program director Mrs. Robin Muldor-Engram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Needed to Apply:
1. A committed parent or adult who can help facilitate reading sessions
2. Parent or responsible adult’s cell number and email address
3. Photo release forms
4. Photo of participants with high resolution
5. Picture books, 32 pages (no chapter books) that can be obtained from local libraries, online, etc.
1. Reading for fun
2. Increased vocabulary (learn more words)
3. Develop comprehension (the ability to retell)
4. Enhance writing skills (the ability to convey thoughts through writing)
5. Monetary reward up to $40.00
6. Book of choice (purchase, shipping & handling by PSCF)
7. Sixth grade students will receive $40.00, book of Choice, and a loaded PSCF bookbag.
our brains are muscles that need exercising everyday—Read! 📚